Saturday, 11 June 2016

DIY | Mini Bunting




I've loved bunting for as long as I can remember. However sometimes they're a little on the pricey side for something that you could easily make yourself. Plus if you make it yourself, it's more personal because you're most likely going to be the only one with that style, which also makes for a good talking point. I thought I'd share how I make my small bunting which I like to add to the places that look a little bare but doesn't have enough room for your average sized bunting.


The picture above shows everything ^^ you will need ^^ for this cute little DIY. Another thing I personally like about this DIY, is you have the freedom to pick the coloured paper that you like which makes it more personal.


1 | Begin by drawing an outline of on the piece of paper, preferably a square. Then split the square into two smaller rectangles.

2 | Using the rectangles as kind of a template... draw your triangles. You can draw as many triangles as you wish in order to fill the space you wish. The triangles could be however you'd like. I decided to go with a typical bunting design.

3 | Next cut them out. Try to make it so that the lines are sharp in order to add to the bunting feel. Also you could also layer a few pieces of paper and cut them together, in order to speed up the process.

4 | Layout your triangles in the order you wish.

5 | Apply a small strip of washi tape to your triangles. I decided to cut a small strip and then cut that again in half in order to make it the perfect size for the bunting piece. 

6 | Finish by laying it out in the way you wish and voila! You're finished.

N x

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool DIY tip for making a bunting. I am planning to make one for my husband's birthday. Glad I came across your post.

    Fatima | www.blogsbyfa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad it has helped you in some way. :) xx

      Delete