Sunday, 18 October 2015

"Friends"


"Friends" is a commonly known phrase. I have hundreds of "friends" but I've only recently realised that I can count my friends using only half of my hand.

They say to look at your five closest friends, to truly understand yourself. This is because along with your family these are the people who affect your personality the most, even if you don't see it.

Friends can do one of two things push us forwards or pull us back. For me I only began looking down at myself when my "friends" and "family" knocked my confidence. Think about it... when you got your results from exams or anything else in life, who were the first people you told? We always think we are okay as long we get better results than our mates. But when it came to it, did it really matter?

This is why I think it's important to have friends and family who add to your life in a positive way. Because if they don't add to your life, they take away or even worse they break even. We tend to change the way we live and who we are according to the people who surround us. If you surround yourself with negative people, you'll become negative. Life is too short to live your life according to other people ideas and that's the reality. You have to live your life for yourself.

People who respect you identity, and support your positive decisions and affect your life for the better are true friends. True friends are people who benefit you emotionally, mentally and regularly. A friend isn't someone who leaves you out in a group but when you're on your own act like they're your best friend.

As Suli Breaks says "One hand washes the other before they can both wash the face". This may sound weird at first but it means that in order to receive good, true and honest friends you must be one yourself. Therefore meaning that you can find ways to positively affect each other.

Nikkita x

No comments:

Post a Comment