Friday, 6 March 2015

Five Things Learnt


As you may or may not know it is my birthday tomorrow. It only occurred to me today that so much has changed in my life over the past year. Most of it has been drastic changes but some of it has been small changes which has helped in the long run with the big changes that have occurred in my life. Without going into much personal detail, I have decided to tell you five things that I have learnt over the past year. To either help you with your life or for you to just read. 

1. Stand up for yourself: This hasn't been something I have achieved completely yet but it is something that is in working progress. Something somebody said to me today was "Don't say sorry, if it hurt your feelings. Say I accept your apology instead." This is great as it is being polite whilst giving the idea across that they can't push you around. Again it is a work in progress but I'm slowly getting there. 

2. Let people go: This is a huge one, for me personally. Over the past year I have had to let people go that never in my life would I have thought of letting go. I thought that for one, it was impossible to live without them and secondly I wasn't aloud to let someone so close not be a part of my life any more. But the truth is if they're treating you badly and you think you'll be better of without them, do it. Even though now and again I feel sad as I miss them, I know that I would never be where I am now if I didn't let them go, it has changed my life so much for the better.

3. Be aware: This is something that could link in with the last one but it is to be aware of people. I have definitely learnt over the past year not to create close connections with people unless you fully know you could trust them. This isn't blocking anyone out of you life but it is to just keep your eyes open. For example recently someone has let me down 5 times in a row, one including my birthday. It was only then that I realised that I wasn't being aware. Now I have decided to be more aware of this person and to make it clear to them that they can't keep treating me like this in the nicest way of course. Also just be aware of who you tell your personal information to as some people even if they are so close to you, can spread it. 

4. Say yes: On a more positive note. Say yes to more things. Especially in the past year, I have learnt to say yes more, whether that is going to the shop with mates for a day or going to a festival. Always say yes, I have learnt so much about myself this way obviously only say yes if you know it will be safe to you and other people but just take more experiences and express yourself, maybe even die your hair a different colour. 

5. You don't need a relationship: This is a little bit personal but I am going to say it anyway. This one doesn't apply to people who already have a boyfriend or girlfriend. To be honest over the past year I have realised that I am more of an independent get on with life on your own kinda girl. So for me support from friends and family is enough. But especially over the past year I have come to the realisation that you can go out with people for the wrong reasons as I have learned the hard way. I don't like rejecting people if they ask me out as it makes me feel guilty but sometimes it is something you have to grow the courage and do it. I was only dating people for the support as I felt lost and thought that I needed someone. But you don't as long as you have your friends and family there for you, that's all that matters. 

I hope this have given you an insight of what I have learnt. This isn't all of the things that I have learnt but it is a few. Remember to comment down below if you have anything you've learnt over the past year and whether you like the post. Stay safe... 

Nikkita x

4 comments:

  1. I love this post so much! I need to learn some of these lessons too! xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you :) I'm glad it has helped you x

      Delete